Police Have Arrested Four Suspects Who Adminstered ‘Mchele’ to Passengers


Kabete Police Officers, yesterday morning, arrested four suspects who had stupefied passengers in a bus with an unknown substance, before stupefying themselves in a bid to evade arrest. 

According to the police, the driver of the said bus ,who was driving from Kisumu to the City, drove to the police station after he noticed that everyone was asleep, apart from two people who were moving from seat to seat

“But it is the snores reverberating from all corners of the bus that were unusually loud, punctuated by threatening growls that alarmed the driver, who immediately detoured to the police station situated along the busy Nairobi-Nakuru highway.” DCI said

Read: Myths and Misconceptions About CS Delivery in Kenya

“Attempts by the two thugs to jump from the fast moving bus turned futile, after the beast stormed the police station at a high speed prompting police officers on sentry duties to dash down for cover and take positions, incase of any eventuality.” 

Emmanuel Barasa who is the bus driver told police officers at the report office that the bus had been attacked.

“What shocked the officers is that more than half the occupants were sleepy and drowsy, reeling from the effects of a stupefying substance that had been administered to them.” 

Read: Photos:Martha Karua lands in Washington DC.

“Additionally, most of them had lost their valuables including Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones and cash money among other valuables. The officers managed to single out four suspects in whose possession the valuables were recovered. The suspects were identified as Stephen Odero, Benson Odero, Joshua Orengo and Harrison Nyamu.” DCI said in a statement

As the officers were booking them, the suspects suddenly became drowsy, incoherent and very drunk, forcing the law enforcers to first rush them to a nearby hospital for medical examination. 

“It is at the hospital that it was discovered that the suspects who were sweating profusely, had taken a dose of their own medicine after ingesting the remaining ‘pishori’, in a bid to destroy the exhibit.”

The bus was allowed to continue with the rest of the journey, but with a word of caution to the passengers who were advised to seek medication on arrival.

Meanwhile, the four suspects are currently in custody and will be arraigned in court tomorrow. 

Email your news TIPS to news@thedailywhistle.co.ke or WhatsApp +254721 930 260.You can also find us on Telegram https://t.me/+8yP1XWu-DQY5ZDNk


Leave a Reply